Last Updated on by
What is UberLUX?
UberLUX vehicles are first-class and the most expensive option Uber service available. If you want to get to your destination stylishly, then you have no option but to go with the Uber luxury option.
Uber LUX cars are exotic and most importantly the drivers are top rated. So if you want to make a statement and travel big-time in an expensive vehicle, then this is the most premium service to request. With this option, you get a taste of luxury in a top in the class brand new car.
Uber LUX Availability
The Uber luxury option is not available in every cities as of yet. Below is a list, although not a complete one, where UberLUX cars are available.
- Austin TX
- Chicago IL
- Lost Angeles CA
- Miami FL
- And many more
UberLUX vs UberBLACK
UberLUX vehicle requirements are very strict and duly so because any riders who opt to this option are obviously seeking an extraordinary Uber service.
UberBlack vehicle requirements’ strictness is close to that of UberLUX and must comply with the same requirements; the only difference is that UberBlack must have black interior and obviously the exterior must be black in color as well.
Do you want to drive for Uber LUX?
Below I go over a list of requirements to follow to become an UberLUX driver, and if you want to upgrade from an UberX driver to an Uber LUX driver.
Uber LUX driver requirements
- Must be 21 years or older
- Be able to pass a background check
- Commercial insurance
- Vehicle registration
- No felonies for the past 7 years
- Valid Driver’s license
- No DUI
- MDOT certificate of authority
- TCP permit is required
Uber LUX vehicle requirements
If you want to drive for UberLUX, below is a list of vehicle requirements to meet.
- Your vehicle must be at least 2012 or newer.
- UberLUX vehicles must be able to accommodate 4 passengers and up to 6 passengers for UberLux SUV.
- Four-door vehicles with leather interior are required.
- Vehicles must be: either a luxury sedan, or SUV.
- Vehicles must be in very good condition, no dents, damages or marks can be visible.
- Vehicles must first get the green light upon inspection.
- Have commercial insurance on your vehicle.
- You need to have a transportation charter permit (TCP)
- Obtain and display an airport vehicle permit when picking up/dropping off passengers at airports.
Uber LUX approved vehicles list
The Uber LUX service is categorized in 2 sections, Uber Lux cars and Uber Lux SUV. Having said that, if you want to drive for UberLux, you’re gonna have to own or lease one of the following vehicles listed.
- Audi – A6, A7, A8, Q5, Q7, S6, S7, S8
- BMW – 5-Series, 6-Series, 7-Series, X5, X6
- Cadillac – Escalade, Escalade ESV, CTS, DTS, SRX, XTS, STS
- Chevrolet – Suburban, Tahoe
- GMC – Yukon, Acadia Denali
- Infiniti – JX, M, Q70, QX60 QX56, QX80, QX
- Jaguar – XE, XF, XJ
- Land Rover – Range Rover, LR4
- Lexus – ES, GS, LS, GX, RX, LX
- Lincoln – MKT, Navigator, MKC, MKZ, MKS, MKX
- Maserati – Ghibli, Quattroporte
- Mercedez Benz – GL-Class, E-Class, S-Class, GLE-Class, M-Class, ML-Class, R-Class
- Porshe – Macan, Cayenne, Panamera
- Tesla – Model S, Model X
So, if you want to ride in style, you’ll want to go with Uber LUX edition. Having said that, expect to pay a little bit more than you usually pay with UberX.