Free Vehicle Inspections – Uber Greenlight Locations
If you’re driving a brand new car or a very recent one, let’s say from 2013-2016, you won’t be needed to go through Uber green light. If not, you’ll have to take your vehicle to one of green light Uber locations and have it inspected.
I remember started driving with Uber last year and I had a brand new 2015 vehicle, and I didn’t have to go through inspections or anything. A friend of mine is also driving for Uber and he started with Uber with his 2013 Toyota Camry. He too didn’t have to go any green light.
It’s kind of common sense, I mean with a brand new car, what needs to be inspected? You got it! Nothing! At least Uber don’t want to waste your time and especially their time.
This guide endows you with a list of free vehicle inspections and Green light Uber locations for Uber partners.
Greenlight Uber Locations
Uber’s official customer service centers also known as “Greenlight Hubs” generally provide Uber drivers with free vehicle inspections. Free vehicle inspections are not available in many cities. If that is the case, send Uber support a quick email and they will most likely point you to a nearby auto inspection location, where certified mechanic are available to inspect your car for discounted rates.
Below I highlight what you need to do to have your car inspected before you can begin to drive with Uber.
- What to Bring to a Greenlight Location?It’s important to bring all the necessary documents to get you started. With that being said, you’ll need to bring your driver’s license, vehicle registration, your car insurance, and your banking information. This is generally required for new people who just sign up to drive and have not completed the sign up process, and also needed their vehicle to be inspected for the first time. Having all these necessary information cited above can definitely make the process go smoothly.
- Most uber locations will have vehicle inspection formsavailable, but it won’t hurt to have your own on hand. You can click here to download the form.
- Log-in your Uber app to ensure that all necessary documents have been uploaded. If you need help, you can always take your documents to one of the Green light locations and the staff will help you with the uploading process. Remember, your vehicle will have to pass yearly inspection, so take advantage of Uber’s free vehicle inspection services.
As I stated above, Greenlight Uber Locations are not available in all cities. I was able to research and come up with a number of cities that have Uber Greenlight Hubs and free vehicle inspections.
- Chandler Greenlight Hub
- Glendale Greenlight Hub
- Mesa Greenlight Hub
- Phoenix Greenlight Hub
- Scottsdale Greenlight Hub
- Anaheim Greenlight Hub
- Los Angeles Greenlight Hub (Greater Los Angeles Area)
- Orange County Greenlight Hub
- Palmdale Greenlight Hub
- Pasadena Greenlight Hub
- San Diego Greenlight Hub
- Atlantic City Greenlight Hub
- Eatontown Greenlight Hub
- Hoboken Greenlight Hub
- Rochelle Park Greenlight Hub
- Somerset Greenlight Hub
What If There Are No Uber Greenlight Locations?
If there are no Uber Greenlight Hubs in your city or the ones in your area are not offering free vehicle inspections. Contact Uber support through email and a staff member will direct you to a nearby third party inspection location (Goodyear, Jiffy Lube, Midas…), where certified mechanics are available to inspect your car for discounted rates. Or you can locate ALL inspection locations close to your area here.
Complete inspection Checklist:
- Stop Lights
- Tail lights
- Brake lights
- Turn indicator lights
- Brakes and steering:
- Foot Brakes
- Emergency/parking brake
- Steering mechanism
- Windows and other glass:
- Windshield & Wipers
- Rear window and other glass
- Seats and doors:
- Front seat adjustment
- Seat belts
- Doors (open / close / lock)
- Other items:
- Muffler and exhaust system
- Interior and exterior rear view mirrors
- Tires, including tread depth
What If My Vehicle Fail The Inspection?
Your vehicle will go through an extensive inspection which covers and not limited to headlights, stop and tail lights brakes, steering, windows, seats, doors, bumpers, windshield wipers, mufflers etc… So there’s a slight possibility that your vehicle might fail the inspection. In some cases, if a problem is minor, such as front seat adjustment and windshield wipers that need to be addressed, the inspector will allow you to fix the issue the same day, before your car can pass the inspection.
If for some reason, the issue with your vehicle is major and cannot be fixed the same day, a second inspection will need to be conducted on a different day. The inspector/mechanic will provide you with a list of issues why your vehicle didn’t meet the inspection requirement. Have those problems seen by a mechanic and your vehicle will pass the inspection on your next appointment. So, before you decide to head over Greenlight uber locations, spend 10-15 minutes checking your vehicle, using your inspection form checklist as a guide.