How to Uber change phone number
For many people, Uber has become a common part of their lives. Moving from A to B has never been easier thanks to this service, and it’s never been cheaper too. However, since Uber is an app that you use with a specific phone, if you change phone numbers then you will need to make that apparent with the app, too. Otherwise, you will be unable to use any of the Uber services provided.
This is the same as if you work with Uber; if you need to change your number from one to the other then you need to notify the team to make this possible. As an Uber driver I recommend that you take the time to make this known to Uber before you change phones so that you can have it all prepared in advance and not need to miss out on work while it is all verified and put in place. You can find ways to contact Uber by phone, and so you’ll want read this.
You could need to change your phone number for all sorts of reasons, including:
- Losing your old phone or changing contracts, meaning that you may lose your old number in the process.
- Changing phones and not wishing to keep your old number, meaning that you need to work around that when you get the chance and use the Uber change phone number feature.
- Moving from one country to the next – this usually means having to change number from a specific regional number to something international.
- Re-claiming your identity after a fraud attempt.
So, to change your phone number with Uber you need to follow a basic set of instructions. According to the Uber website, you can pick up the following details about how to change your number using your Uber driver app.
- First off, go to the Uber driver app and log in.
- Then, once you have logged in, go to Account within the Uber application.
- Click on the “Edit” option right under your profile photo.
- You’ll be given option to Uber change phone number option, as well as your email and your home address options.
- Now, you will need to enter a new phone number when prompted – this is to be the new number you wish to change to.
- Then, you will be asked to enter a Verification Code that is sent to you, usually by SMS to that particular phone. Get this verification code, and enter it into the Uber app on the new phone.
- You should find that this allows you to use the Uber change phone number feature.
However if you’re a rider and you’re looking to change your phone number so you can continue requesting rides, below are the steps to take:
- Open your Uber rider app and obviously sign in
- Click on the 3 horizontal bar icon at the left upper corner
- Next, tap on Settings
- Click on your profile picture and you’ll be given the option to change your Uber phone number as well as your email address should you choose to.
While it’s a little longwinded, it avoids your account being compromised and is a powerful if somewhat longwinded way to make sure you can keep your Uber account nice and safe. Taking the time to do this, you can easily make sure that losing or changing phones does not become the nightmare that it can be for others who have lost their phone and want to keep working.