All About the Uber App – Everything You Need to Know
For some time now, the use of the Uber app has becoming increasingly common. It’s no-nonsense style, easy to use layout and exceptional quality of service has made it hugely popular. The Uber program has been rolled out across many countries, and is constantly growing and moving into new areas.
Indeed, working for Uber means that clients and drivers alike can get a benefit from using the service. Drivers can make a healthy, strong and freelance living. Passengers can get easy, informal and cost-effective travel from A to B. When you view the Uber app through that prism, it soon becomes much easier to see why it’s gained such popularity so quickly.
This guide will break down the basics of the program. From there you can easily and quickly understand how to use Uber app and its various features.
The History of Uber
The history of the Uber app is quite an interesting one. Founded in 2009 by Garrett Camp and Travis Kalanick, it’s quickly exploded. It receives $200,000 in seed funding over a short period of time and, by 2010, had raised over $1.25m in funding. The app officially launched in 2011 in San Francisco, and by 2011 that funding had grown to a whopping $44.5m. The company continued to change and improve the service, and the service kept growing and growing.
In 2014, increasing and continued investment from various industries meant that Uber continued to grow. By 2015, it had received as much as $2bn in new funding raising the total company profile to as much as $50bn+ in investment.
Uber has continued to grow and change, with new ventures and exciting changes brought in thanks to these partnerships. Indeed, the company launched various alternative industries such as UberMilitary which helped to bring in more veterans and military dependents as freelance drivers.
It’s this desire to give people a chance which has had both drivers and passengers loving the Uber experience. It’s changing all the time, with new features from luxury cars to carpooling all become a common feature of the Uber experience overall.
Why is Uber so popular?
Put simply, the Uber app offers a simplicity in hiring transport that can be hard to find when hiring from a traditional cab or transport firm.
The transport industry, after all, is one of the most powerful networks on the planet. Uber continues to partner with transport industry services to continue service improvement.
With this in mind, then, what make the Uber system so useful and powerful for everyone?
Why has it gone from being a useful extra and a decent idea, to a mainstay of the transport industry?
Let’s take a look at the benefits that Uber brings to the table from the perspective of the drivers first and foremost. This is a program which has, after all, revamped the industry as a whole. So why are so many people from across the world taking to this?
For the Clients
If you are looking for an easy way to get around the city you live in, then Uber might just fit. It obviously depends on if the service has been introduced where you live, though. However, with that in mind, if it does exist you are in for a treat.
When using Uber, one of the main benefits that you will likely get is the ease of use. Very few solutions make it as easy for you to get from A to B than Uber. It tends to be cheaper and easier to use than a normal taxi service, too.
This service can act as the perfect solution to use when you need to travel but cannot or will not use public transport. If you find it’s too slow or it cannot get you to where you wish to go, then it’s going to be worth your time investigating if using the Uber app is for you or not.
However, Uber provides a list of cool little features that many might not even know about. If you are unsure if Uber does what you need, then the list below should help you understand why it’s so popular.
Uber App Benefits for the Passenger
- For one, the service is very high quality. You will find that getting a ride with Uber is much easier than heading out and hiring a taxi cab. It’s more friendly in general and drivers tend to be a whole lot more informal when using an Uber, which can be good.
- You tend to have better selection of entertainment to pick from, as well. Uber provides you with an easy and effective solution which is built around offering simplicity and control to the passenger. Choose music, enjoy using various apps and just have some fun on the way to your destination.
- Prices are much fairer, too. You will find that the pricing system is very fair – you are charged for every mile so long as you are moving at 11mph or faster. If you are moving at less than 11mph, due to traffic for example, then you are charged for every minute that you are on the road. This means that you get a fairly priced transport system but also, crucially, the uber driver is being paid fairly as well.
- Also, it allows you to move faster. Uber drivers tend to turn up much quicker than they would if you were to just get a cab. This means that you can get on the road faster and move yourself from A to B with the minimum of fuss. For this reason, many people can enjoy working with the system more regularly as it offers such a simple alternative to normal transport.
Now that we can understand the challenges of using an Uber vehicle, and the benefits, what about drivers?
There has to be a fair balance in any service like this. The aim, then, is to provide both driver and passenger with the best possible solution – but does the Uber app do so?
Upper App for Drivers
The driver, then, has to be able to make a fair and honest living from the Uber program. You will be happy to know, then, that Uber drivers tend to be fairly treated and looked after in the most common way possible.
There are plenty of benefits as to why a driver might consider working with Uber over another firm. The main benefits that you can make use of as a driver will allow you to earn a good living in a comfortable, fun working environment.
Uber App Benefits for Drivers
- It’s not hard to use of the app from your phone. When you drive with Uber you get to work from using a phone rather than any other complex or annoying systems. This allows you to get a cheaper bill as a driver, making nice monthly savings.
- Also, you can usually find that Uber helps drivers save money on fuel and maintenance. Fuel card programs via the company as well as discounts for maintenance will help you make a nice little saving. This is one of the main perks and one that every driver should consider a major benefit.
- Stride Health is used as part of the system too, as they offer a brilliant health insurance plan. It can be set up quickly and easily and provide you with the help that you need to stay healthy. If you fear about health safety and insurance, Uber has you covered most of the time.
- You’ll also get an easy way to get insurance thanks to their connection with Metromile. Now you have 24/7 insurance meaning that you are safe even when you are not using the Uber system. This can be a huge help and make savings easily noticeable.
- Make a living full-time or part-time – it is entirely your choice. Uber is like many freelance firms and makes it easy to work on your terms and your terms alone. You set the hours, you make the choices and you decide on just about everything that you can need to include. So long as you follow the basic Uber setup rules then you can become a driver without any problems whatsoever.
- Uber also makes it easy for drivers to get the help that they need in gaining experience. Working on the Uber platform allows you to build up a clear and obvious portfolio. This portfolio, then, is designed to make sure that you get a pretty significant chunk of assistance when applying for jobs in the future. Being an Uber driver is a challenging yet rewarding experience, and shows that you have the competency and knowledge to handle the roads.
In short, then, being an Uber driver is just as useful as being an Uber passenger. It’s the kind of solution that makes getting into the world of driving freelance much easier. If you would like to start making your way towards a new career, or getting easier and simpler transport, then download the Uber app today.