Cancel Uber account is actually possible. There are two ways you can choose to delete your Uber account. You can do so through email support, or you can a request through the Uber support site to have your Uber account cancelled. Either way you go for will get the job done.
Note: Simply deleting your uber app from your smart phone doesn’t mean you cancel your account. Also there’s no way to delete your account through the Uber app, at least not yet.
Using Uber support website
- Open your internet browser.You can use your desktop or your smart phone
- Visit the account deletion site found here
- Click on the “Sign In” button
- Enter your mobile number or username and then click NEXT.
- Enter your password on the provide field and click the NEXT
- Once you sign in, choose “Yes” into the first field provided.This shows that you confirm your request.
- Now you want to provide your reason into the “Share details” field why you want to cancel.You don’t have to give a reason if you don’t want to, but if you’re cancelling for a specific reason; you want to let Uber know. Be sure to include “Cancel Uber account” in the subject line. You want to enter the phone number, your name, the city you’re in, and any necessary information associate to the account to facilitate the cancellation process.
- Click on “Submit” if you are absolutely sure because as soon as you do that, the cancellation process begins.
You’ll hear from Uber within a few days that your account has been canceled. You can now delete the app from your mobile phone.
Cancel Uber Account by EMAIL
- Send an email request.You can choose let Uber know know via email that you want your account to be deleted.
- You want to address your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type “Cancel Uber Account” in the subject line
- Give a reason for cancellation in the body.You want to provide them with your account information; such as the name, email, and phone number associated to the account. In a few words, tell them why you’re cancelling your Uber account.
- Wait until you hear from Uber before deleting the app from your phone.
Note: You can take this opportunity to specifically request not to have any spam email send to your inbox.